Here are a few things I learned growing up, a few things I read on the internet and, maybe, a few I just made up … you decide.
- The name Wendy was made up for the book “Peter Pan.”
Barbie’s full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
- Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the twentieth floor. It supposedly takes about eight floors for the cat to realize what is occurring, relax and correct itself.
- The citrus soda 7-UP was created in 1929; ‘7’ was selected after the original 7-ounce containers and ‘UP’ for the direction of the bubbles.
- 101 Dalmatians, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, and Mulan are the only Disney cartoons where both parents are present and don’t die throughout the movie. .
- To escape the grip of a crocodile’s jaws, push your thumbs into its eyeballs – it will let you go instantly.
- Reindeer like to eat bananas.
- The word “samba” means “to rub navels together.”
- Mel Blanc (the voice of Bugs Bunny) was allergic to carrots.
- The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
- The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin during World War II Killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
- More people are killed annually by donkeys than airplane crashes.
- A whale’s penis is called a dork. (funny, so are some of my friends)
- Because of the rotation of the earth, an object can be thrown farther if it is thrown west.
- The Monty Python character Mr Gumby was based on John Cleese’s uncle